MARTINEZ, CA: Downtown Martinez & Co. seeks part-time Communications and Events Coordinator. This dynamic role involves event coordination, marketing, administrative support, as well as business and volunteer engagement.
Fit for an outgoing personality with excellent communication skills; strong organizational and operational skills. The ideal candidate enjoys small project administration, logistics, and event coordination; has proven experience managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously; thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and has a passion for the downtown and small business.
Flexibility to accommodate work during evenings and weekends (events) when warranted is an important requirement for this role.
The position reports to the Executive Director and is based out of the Downtown Martinez & Co. Office. Some hours will be out of the office due to the nature of the event work.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Downtown Martinez & Co. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to the economic growth and vitality of Downtown Martinez. Our program is designed to engage businesses and community leaders to enhance the vitality of our downtown through economic development, collaborative relationships, business support, advocacy, promotion and events. We strive to create a bright future while celebrating the history, culture, and deep roots of Martinez.
· Effective written and oral communication, including public relations, as well as the ability to write clearly for public communications.
· Ability to engage, gain respect and cooperation from, and communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external constituents, such as business leaders, individual donors, board members, program participants, staff, and volunteers.
· Planning, organization, and follow-through skills are required.
· A creative approach to problem-solving and project planning. Ability to work independently on a project.
· Support the director in all aspects of event production, including but not limited to logistics, planning, execution, and evaluation. Develop and maintain relationships with event partners, sponsors, vendors, sub-contractors, and volunteers.
· Manage event volunteers, including recruiting, training, supervising, and inspiring them.
· Inventory and order event and office supplies as needed.
· On-site event management on the day of the event.
· Create, schedule, and manage regular external communications to Downtown Martinez & Co. members, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
· Work with the director to create outreach and marketing materials for events and programs, including posters, programs, banners, print ads, social media, etc.
· Maintain an accurate volunteer and member database.
· Be a Downtown Martinez & Co. Ambassador and promote the organization’s mission among the community.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COMMUNICATIONS AND EVENTS COORDINATOR INCLUDE:
· Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
· Experience: Minimum of two years’ professional administrative experience in communications, marketing, event coordination or related fields.
· A working knowledge of Google Suite Apps and Microsoft Office programs is required.
· As job duties require, occasional evening and weekend work will be required for events.
· Ability to lift supplies up to 30 pounds as needed.
Our work environment includes:
The position will average 15 hours per week at $18-20/hour DOE. Additional hours around events.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Downtown Martinez & Co. Executive Director, Kara Klotchman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Incomplete applications will not be considered.
· Resumes and cover letters are due September 5, 2022.